6 years ago, I had made a list of things I wanted to do before I turned 30. It makes me laugh, how highly I used to think of myself. Do remember that I was young and stupid then. Now I am only stupid. Here goes the list. And the update.
1. Head HSBC. High hopes, eh? But well, if you don’t dream big, you don’t make it big! What did I JUST say about being young and stupid? I have no idea why HSBC specifically. LOL!
Get married. Yeah that too! ;) Yayyyy! I accomplished SOMETHING!
3. Have a cute little daughter called Kashish. And an extremely naughty son. Called Shivansh maybe! :D Before 30? What was I thinking? Oh and there is now a slight change in names. I don’t want my daughter to go around with that bar dancer name for the rest of her life. I know how that feels.
Do up my own apartment. :D I can’t say my own, because we didn’t pay for it. Oh well. We do, every goddamned month! So yes, this one’s done. And done well I think.
Own a huuuuge library with books strewn all over, a coffee maker, a bean bag, and a 10000 watt CD Player! Does a nice big book shelf count? And 1 million non electric coffee makers I bought or got in the last 6 years? And I can’t help it if CD players and wattage got replaced by MP3s and iPods and memory. So this has been accomplished, in the manner of being “with the times” ;)
Learn how to cook. Wooohooo baby! Who would have thought?!
7. Bungee jump from 600 feet straight into a river. 600 feet? Does that really happen?
8. Go to France, Sikkim, and
Leh. Not alone, mind you! Leh is done. And Sikkim and Europe are DEFINITELY going to happen before I hit the wrong side of 30.
9. Go on a cruise. I don’t want to now! So this doesn’t count. At 20, I didn’t particularly believe in the wonders of shoestring budget. Then I grew up. Or so I think. Or maybe it has more to do with living on Dad’s money then and my own money now :D
10. Own a Scorpio and a Harley Davidson, and learn how to drive the latter! Not yet not yet! Does a Getz count? :D
11. Take ma on a looong holiday after I get my first salary. This needs to get done. And fast.
12. Get caught in a sea storm and see how it feels. Like dad. I don’t think like that anymore. Sea storm no thank you sir. I love my dad any way!
13. Meet Ayn Rand in person. She is dead. She was dead even when I wrote this. But does reading all her works and then beginning to understand why she spent her last years in an asylum count?
14. See Clapton and Deep Purple in concert. It is a shame that I live in Bangalore and I haven’t seen any BIG gigs yet. Backstreet Boys and MLTR seem to have replaced the rock icons I loved in all the big gigs in Namma Bengaluru. Hmph! I did see Kailash Kher in concert though :P
Sleep all night. 10 pm to 10 am. My insomnia didn’t last beyond college days. And there I was, sounding all precocious and feeling all deep and intense because I had insomnia. Not everyone is meant to be that precocious death metal listening, black attire wearing, Fabindia loving, sniggering-at-pink, insomniac punk rocker for the rest of their lives after all. This is the point when I send a prayer to someone up there for making me normal at long last!
Sometimes I think I should publish those gems from 6 or 7 years ago, more often. To keep the self deprecatory humour alive on this blog.