One of those moments when I let the exhibitionist in me take over. An FB note from couple of weeks ago. Think it’s good enough to go here ;) ;)
1. I am a Biharan. The most original one that ever existed!
2. I am a generally friendly person, however not so good at keeping touch anymore.
3. I respond best on email and Facebook. IM is only for a chosen few ;)
4. I am “just a graduate”. If I ever go back to school, it will be to study literature or sociology. Nothing Else.
5. I always read 3 books at a time.
6. I am no longer judgemental about people’s taste in music. There’s absolutely NO music in the world that’s bad. Not even early 90’s Bollywood. I believe one just needs to be in that mood.
7. The only thing that’s important to me is that I have fun, no matter where I am, who I am with, and what I am doing. More often than not, I achieve it.
8. I am glad I am getting married to someone who’s the kind of friend I can spend the most “funnest” times with. The icing on the cake is that my parents are glad too because they “discovered” him :P
9. I am an average cook but a great foodie.
10. I can write quite well when I feel blue but I think that’s a huge price to pay for a good piece of writing.
11. I am obsessed with the written word – lyrics, plays, novels, ghazals, poetry – you name it. Irrespective of whether I write them or someone else does.
12. I now have very, VERY low tolerance to alcohol. (Surprise surprise!! ;) )
13. I used to be extremely judgemental a long time ago.
14. Now I am too indifferent to be judgemental, too lazy to be opinionated. If someone or something becomes important enough to evoke some emotion in me, it’s generally the extreme. I think “like” and “dislike” are the most misused words in the dictionary. I either love things/ people or hate them. But most of the time I am hopelessly indifferent.
15. I love travelling. Both business and pleasure. Metaphorically, both business and economy. State buses and sleeper class. Local trains. Auto rides, road trips. Khatara gypsies, smooth sedans. Ships, boats, bikes, and ferries. As long as I am on my way to somewhere.
16. Once every week or so, I need time completely to myself. Irrespective of the number of people around me. It’s only about getting up in the morning and having no POA for the day.
17. Such days are so important to me that I sometimes make random excuses to stay away from pre-planned weekends.
18. I love last minute plans.
19. I have absolutely no tolerance for bad grammar. That doesn’t mean I don’t make such mistakes.
20. Ladakh and Greece have always been my dream destinations. Ladakh is finally happening in a few months. Am sure Greece will too ;)
21. Exaggeration is something that comes naturally to me. I don’t mean half the intensity I use to describe most things.
22. I knew what I wanted to do with my life when I was 5. Now I only have a list of things I don’t want to do!
23. I believe education and earning are far separated from each other.
24. I am not “professionally qualified” to do what I do to earn a living. What I am professionally qualified for will kill me if I use it for a living. Quite an irony, that.
25. I am an exhibitionist. To the core.
26. I have been blogging anonymously and otherwise since 2001. But most of my blogs get deleted once I outgrow the mood in which I start them.
27. I am average dresser.
28. I am a sucker for all kinds of jewellery. I hardly ever wear them.
29. I have known failure very closely. Frankly, that was the best thing that ever happened to me.
30. I want to adopt a child. I don’t just want to, I will.
31. I love water. In seas, oceans, kitchen sinks, bath tubs, taps, buckets, washing machine – as long as it’s water. LOL!
32. My front tooth is chipped and capped. Thanks to over-ambitious 4 am padhai sessions in class 8!
33. I think TV, portable music players, and internet are the only useful inventions in the world.
34. I can talk non stop. One only needs to get me started.
35. I lose my temper at the drop of a hat. I make it a point to make it obvious too.
36. I am the biggest narcissist I have ever known. And the only one that ever deserved to be one ;)
37. Nothing in the world ever seems more important to me than instant gratification.
38. Successive attempts at instant gratification keep me happy 24-7!
39. There’s very little about me worth mentioning.
40. And yet, I can manage a 40 pointer. Hence proved I am the biggest fattebaaz ever :D